VANADZOR CAMPUS University history The Vanadzor branch of State Engineering University of Armenia (formerly – State Polytechnic Institute) was founded in 1959. Specialities and forms of education. In 1959 the first students in the following specialities were: Machine – building technology, Metal cutting machines and tools Technology of inorganic materials began to be trained. Evening [...]
Vanadzor branch was founded in 1974. The general meeting of the branch elects its president, responsible secretary and exhibiting working group. Today the branch involves 50 members, 20 of whom are members of Artists Union. Many of them have had individual exhibitions, not only in our town but also in a number of countries abroad.
Stepanavan, a small town with a population of 18,000 people, is located in the Lori Region. Including 18 surrounding villages, the population of the Stepanavan area totals 26,000. Stepanavan’s educational facilities include six secondary schools, one agricultural college, two universities, two music schools, one art school, two sports schools, a cultural center, and the “Stepanavan [...]
Vanadzor State Puppet Theatre was founded in 1993 by Sergey Melikian. On March 1, 1994, the first play, “The dog and the cat” by Tumanian was performed on the stage of the theatre.
The territorial policy as well as the coordination of Services of the State Territorial Executive Bodies (SSTEB) is implemented by the Governor, through the functional subdivisions of Marzpetaran (Regional Administration). The department of LSG Bodies and Coordination of SSTEB is responsible for the link between the Marzpetaran and the LSG and controls the implementation of [...]
The ensamble was created in 1958, on the basis of the State Cultural Club vocal dance group named after Ghukas Ghukasyan. Ensemble that had a rich history including international events: Winner of competitions in Poland and former Soviet countries, several trips Poland (twice), Germany, participation in anniversaries of 100 years of Gomitas and Toumanyan, as [...]
Vanadzor State Dramatic Theatre named after Hovhannes Abelian was founded in 1931. In the initial period of activity it consisted mainly of members of local theatric groups and students of Tbilisi Armenian Theatre studio. The first play performed on its stage was “Outburst” by Yanovskiy (director Ash-Mat, scene-painter K. Minasian). Casting of the theatre included [...]
Vanadzor Art School was founded in 1975 by artists Martiros Saryan, Hakob Kojoyan and sculptor Ara Sargsian. It is considered the second oldest school in the republic after Merkurov Art School in Gyumri. The school has participated in a number of exhibitions in Brazil, India, Argentine, Europe and former Soviet countries. It was rewarded the [...]
Historical essay International University of Lori (formerly Vanadzor Branch of Ivanteev University) was founded in 1995. In the initial period there were 4 faculties: juridical foreign languages (the English language, translation/interpretation) economical biological Specialized laboratories, a library, computer service were available at the University. Teaching process was realized by highly qualified staff of professors and [...]
Writer, translator, academician (Academy of Sciences 1965), member of the union of writers of the former USSR since 1934. Was born in September 3, 1889, in Gharakilisa (now Vanadzor). In the period form 1896-1898 has studied in a private school. In 1904 has graduated from the local Russian school. In 1906 left for Tbilisi. For [...]